IVL Carrés are game-changing lighting products allowing you to create multidimensional advanced shapes from one source of light.
Each IVL Carré is covering a wide area by producing 4 directive light plans, one by each side of the square. Each plan is adjustable at a 180° angle to create stunning perspectives when combined together. The light plans of each IVL Carré can be cut into 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 or 64 beams: welcome to a new world of advanced shapes and infinite possibilities.
In a time where crowds ask more and more for experiences, IVL Carrés advanced shapes help you create truly immersive designs with their smooth enveloping textures and 3D rendering perception. With different operation modes, IVL Carrés perfectly fit any kind of application and are an infinite playground for your creativity. With IVL Carrés, multiply your creative output with a simple DMX control.
2 shape options: IVL Carré and IVL Pyramide
IVL Carré and IVL Pyramide share the same base, only the cover shape changes. One cover is a square shape (for IVL Carré) and the other is a pyramid shape (for IVL Pyramide). According to the chosen cover, the light will spread differently in the space and will create different kinds of advanced shapes.
The two covers are interchangeable and can be purchased solo, meaning you can get one IVL Carré and later on, a Pyramid cover, so a trained service operator can switch from an IVL Carré to an IVL Pyramide or vice-versa. Some technical specifications differ between IVL Carrés and IVL Pyramides such as the weight and the lighting emission results.
These covers are made from a unique PMMA material, specifically chosen to increase the decoration output of any design.
- IVL Carrés: the square-shaped cover reinforces the 3D rendering perspectives of IVL Lighting.
- IVL Pyramides: the pyramid-shaped cover reinforces the decoration output of IVL Lighting.
IVL Carrés and IVL Pyramides are part of IVL lighting, a new category of lighting created and patented by Minuit Une.
IVL lighting demo
IVL Carrés Full Description
Advanced shapes combining unique textures and immersive feelings
- 4 light plans per unit.
- Geometrical patterns and shapes.
- Can be incorporated in any design.
- Stunning 3D rendering perspectives.
- Smooth enveloping textures.
- Wide coverage area, even in large venue.
- Many vibrant colour nuances.
- Combine shapes together for lighting and decor effects.
- Exponential experience when using the fixtures in groups.
- Stunning projections to reveal the venue architecture.
- 360° light plan mode.
- 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 or 64 beams.
- Control on the beam size, indexation & rotation.
- Independent beam control on RGB.
- Eye-capturing position (12.5 % tilt DMX value).
- Wash effect position: frost mode (62.5 % tilt DMX value).
- 4 tilts controlled together or separately.
- Smooth movement at low and high speed.
- Easily adaptable position presets.
Intuitive and simple DMX
- Controllable by any console.
- 2 modes: quick start & advanced programming.
- Intuitive tilt and gobo-like system.
Versatile indoor applications
- Concert, touring, TV show, corporate event, fashion show, conference, video clip
- For all styles: rock, pop, jazz, electro, hip-hop, classical…
Simple and quick installation
- Hang in any position
- Easy to transport
- Low logistics needed
- Aluminium body
- Light maintenance
- High-end motorisation
- Compliant with every standard
- Only a few meter safety distance (refer to your local provider)
- More about compliance and safety
IVL Carrés Versatile applications
Concert, touring, TV shows, corporate event, fashion event, conference, video clip… IVL Carrés are fit for any application as well as any kind of musical background. It all depends on your needs and creative vision.
IVL Carrés Effects
The super fast scanning system of the IVL Lighting range (333Hz frequency rate) allows the human eye to see every single nuance of colour.
A vibrant and smooth RGB colour spectrum to perfectly complete the best LED’s and HALOGEN’s chromatic range, with vivid colour combinations as well as a wide range of pastel colours.
4 brushless step to step motors independently control the 4 separate side mirrors to achieve unlimited immersive positions.
Smooth movements with a 1% range can be reached due to a specific electronically augmented resolution driver.
Each mirror has a 0° to 360° angle to create an infinity of immersive, decorative and wash effects.
Reset function by optical sensors.
The light plan can be divided into 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 or 64 controllable beams thanks to an intelligent electronic software synchronised with the scanning system frequency rate.
These specifications are converted via DMX consoles as an intuitive gobo system with the following equivalence:
Gobo type: number of beams
Gobo size: width of the beam
Gobo indexation: position of the beam on the mirrors
Gobo rotation: speed and direction of rotation.
The covers are in PMMA, a material that lets the light go through while creating visible lines of light on the pyramid or square shape, to play with both the immersive and decorative effect of the IVL Lighting.
The projection lines created by the 4 plans can enhance any venue architecture by combining lighting, decoration and mapping in a stunning and unique way.
The directivity of the IVL light covers any large indoor area with advanced shapes. The right level of haze will help materialize the effects and create a truly amazing experience.
The aperture angle of each mirror is 180°, allowing the 3D rendering perspectives to have no size limit.
- MeasurementsWeight: IVL Pyramide: 16 kgs – IVL Carré: 13 kgs
Size: IVL Pyramide: 515x515x950mm - IVL Carré: 515x515x202mm
- Light sourceClass 3B laser product
Power embedded: 10W
2400mW @ 638nm | >2000mW @ 520nm | > 5600mW @ 450nm
Aperture up to 360° (80° by mirror)
- Housing / ConstructionAluminium body, black matt
Pyramid head in PMMA by default (M4) or in option in polycarbonate (M1)
Protection rating: IP20
- Eye-safety / ScanningHighly designed scanning system: brushless motors at continuous and stabilized high speed for a very long lifetime, well balanced, zero vibration to ensure a stable light plan.
Redundant scanning safeguards:
Scanning current speed instant control hardware & software system
Instant Mechanical & Electronic shutter (if scanning speed changes more than 5 % from its working speed).
- Movement4 mirrors, one for each side, motorized by 4 brushless step to step motors (very long lifetime), operated by specifically developed drivers.
Angle: 0° to 360° on each mirror
16-bit DMX channel control
Optical synchronisation, reset function for automatic repositioning
- SoftwareElectronic conception optimized to create electronic gobos
Specific Circuit board developed for a high stabilization of the gobos and accurate rotation of the gobos from very low speed to 4Hz.
- Power supply100 to 240 Volts – 50/60Hz
Power: 150 Watt max
- Cooling System / ThermalTemperature-regulated system
Safety protection against excessive temperatures
- InstallationMounting point: eight quarter-turn locking points allowing installation of Omega brackets in any orientation
4 M10 screw threads in each corner
Safety cable attachment point
- ConnectionsAC power input/output: Neutrik PowerCon True1
DMX data in/out: 5-pin locking XLR
Switch with LED
IEC 60825-1:2014 (EN 60825-1:2014)
IEC 60825-3:2008 (EN 60825-3:2008)
IEC 60065:2014 (EN 60065:2014)
EN 62311 : 2008
EN 55103-2 : 2009
How to use? & Resources
Find tutorial videos and download fixtures and pre-programmed shows on our Community & Support page
IVL DMX Overview
IVL Carres are distributed internationally by a qualified network of partners.