Service Extension Kit for IVL Photon
for 5 years of coverage
Mandatory registration with your first IVL Photon
5 years coverage
Are you looking to optimize your investment in IVL Photon lighting fixtures? See beyond the 2-year warranty!
We have an exclusive solution that not only protects your investment in the IVL Photon but also ensures substantial cost savings. Introducing the IVL Photon Service Extension Kit, your gateway to extended coverage and unmatched return on investment.
At a glance:
- When you purchase an Extension Kit along with your IVL Photon units, you get an extended coverage period of 5 years from the purchase date.
- During these 5 years, if any of your registered IVL Photon units need a replacement module, Minuit Une will provide it for free.
- You can fix the IVL Photon units yourself using the spare modules from the Extension Kit, which saves time and money.
- The coverage is valid for all the IVL Photon units you register under the Extension Kit.
For 5 years from the purchase date of your Extension Kit, fix any IVL Photon from your registered inventory by using as many spare modules as needed from your Extension Kit: Minuit Une will restock your Kit for free!
- From the start: The Extension Kit shall be purchased simultaneously with the first IVL Photon. An IVL Photon purchased later can be added to an Extension Kit (see Terms & Conditions and FAQ). However, an IVL Photon purchased prior to an Extension Kit cannot be covered.
- Mandatory registration: You (or your local distributor) must register your Extension Kit and the IVL Photon associated. The registration must be done within 30 days of the purchase of an IVL Photon, by entering both the IVL Photon’s and Extension Kit’s serial numbers. A Kit covers a single customer and a unique inventory localization. One Kit cannot cover two inventories from two different localization (or customers), or two installations.
- Receive a certificate: After registration, the Extension Kit and IVL Photon owner will receive a certificate of coverage for its inventory, and the authorization to carry out any operation described in the service manual.
See terms & conditions below for more information.
The Service Manual shall be followed for any service operations.
1) Follow the troubleshooting from the Service Manual ;
2) Remove the defective module following the Service Manual ;
3) Replace with the module from your Kit following the Service Manual ;
> (Here, the IVL Photon is already functional)
4) Send the defective module to the local distributor using the Service Return Form (at the end of the Service Manual). A coverage diagnostic* will be made;
5) Receive a free new module to restock your Kit.
> (Your Kit is now complete again)
Minuit Une reserves the right to refuse to restock in case of abuse: misuse of the product, relocation of the stock, incorrect registration, incorrect serial number, etc.(see Terms and conditions)
Making service easier, faster, lighter
The Extension Kit is a direct benefit of the IVL Photon’s modular conception, making service easier, faster, and lighter: the parts the most subjected to service have been designed with a “plug & play” modular approach. They can all be replaced very easily in a matter of minutes.
Yes, you can do most of the service operations by yourself!
1x DMX module / 1x Power module / 1x Scanning module / 2x Tilt module / 2x Handle
Important: All modules, from an Extension KIT or from an IVL Photon, have individual serial numbers and can be traced.
Terms & Conditions
General Terms & Conditions*
- The coverage period is five (5) years from the purchase date of an Extension Kit.
- During these 5 years, Minuit Une will provide for free a replacement module (included in the Extension Kit) for any IVL Photon registered as associated with an Extension Kit (see Registration below)
- This period of 5 years cannot be extended in any manner: an IVL Photon cannot be covered more than 5 years, even with several Extension Kits.
- At least one Extension Kit per inventory/per installation.
- When registered, the customer will receive a certificate of coverage for its inventory, and the authorization to carry out any operations described in the service manual.
- The customer must register its inventory by filling out the registration form no later than thirty (30) days after the IVL Photon purchase date.
- Tobe covered, the customer must register: at least one Extension Kit’s serial number, the IVL Photon’s serial number(s), the main localization of the IVL Photon (either localization of the rental stock or of the installation).
- Therefore, theExtension Kit should be purchased from the start, simultaneously with the first IVL Photon. It is possible to register more IVL Photon to an inventory later, but the coverage period will still end 5 years after the purchase date of the Extension Kit (see FAQ).
- One Kit cannot cover two sites of the same company and cannot be used for two different installations. For a number of IVL Photons registered on the same Extension Kit greater than twenty (20), more information on their localization may be asked. Minuit Une reserves the right to refuse to restock in case of abuse, as one Extension Kit for two distinct stock Localization.
- An IVL Photon purchased prior to an Extension Kit or not registered in time cannot be covered (except for the IVL Photon purchased before the 11th of May 2023, see FAQ for more information).
- Minuit Une’s warranty solely covers the material cost of the replacement of defective « modules » and/or the repair of « modules » as deemed necessary by Minuit Une. Minuit Une does not accept responsibility for the loss of use while the equipment is being repaired nor costs incurred for repairs. Return of products under coverage claim must first be authorized by « Minuit Une » or your local distributor. Freight (back and forth) and Labor costs are not covered by default*.
The coverage excludes the following:
- Damage by improper use and improper or incorrect installation, such as the User Manual instructions not respected.
- Damage caused by neglect or abuse. This includes accidental dropping, penetration of water, incorrect mounting or exposure to excessive temperatures or humidity.
The coverage shall be void:
- by any act of attempted service, alteration, or removal of parts by any third party not specifically authorized Minuit Une, or if the Service Manual instructions have not been strictly respected.
- if it is found that the instructions for registration and servicing the product have not been fully adhered to, as the dismantling of a module, or any other operations, not described by the Service Manual, unless prior authorization by Minuit Une.
- if the product’s serial number and/or product labels have been altered, removed, damaged and/or rendered defective.
- if the product is modified in any manner which Minuit Une concludes after inspection, affects the reliability, safety, product certifications and/or ratings of the product.
- if product damage is as a result of an act of God or due to the use of the product in a manner it was not intended for.
- if the serial number of the defective parts does not correspond with the parts of one IVL Photon from the registered inventory (all parts are labelled).
MINUIT UNE reserves the right to use new, factory-repaired or certified pre-owned parts, sub-assemblies, modules, and components in the repair or replacement of any « modules » covered by this warranty extension.
*Some special conditions may apply on some territories. Prior to order an Extension Kit, check with your local Minuit Une’s distributor that this offer apply on your territory. Some additional Terms & Conditions may apply depending on your territory.
Frequently asked questions
- What if I already purchased an IVL Photon without a Kit??An Extension Kit can only cover an IVL Photon purchased on the same invoice, or later.
EXCEPTION: For all the IVL Photon purchased before the 1st of May 2023 (date of release of this offer), an exception will be made: you have until the 1st of July 2023 to register your Extension Kit and IVL Photon to be covered for 5 years from the date of registration.
- When should I registered?The Extension Kit shall be purchased from the start, simultaneously with the first IVL Photon.
To be covered, the customer must register both its Extension Kit and its IVL Photon inventory no later than 30 days after the IVL Photon’s purchase date.
- Could I purchase the kit 6 months after the IVL Photon?You can purchase a Kit at any moment but an IVL Photon purchased prior to an Extension Kit cannot be covered by this Extension Kit.
An Extension Kit can only cover an IVL Photon purchased on the same invoice, or later.
- What happens if I send the whole fixture for service?That’s your choice! But your freight cost will be greater, and the replacement process may be slower
- Can I cover 2 permanent installs with 1 kit?Sorry, but no. One kit can only cover one inventory, defined by the Extension Kit serial number, IVL Photon serial numbers, and their main localization.
2 different installations must be covered by 2 Extension Kits.
For a number of IVL Photons registered on the same Extension Kit greater than 20, more information on their exact localization and use may be asked prior to the restock.
- How do I know which module to use?Follow the IVL Photon service manual at each step: troubleshooting is described and all the process to change a part (that's very easy).
- Who should registered?Registration must be by the owner.
A registration done by an official Minuit Une distributor could also be accepted.
- What If I purchare more IVL Photon later?For instance, you have purchased 5 IVL Photon with one Extension Kit on the 1st of July 2023.
Your coverage period will end on the 1st of July 2028.
If you register 5 more IVL Photon on 1st of July 2024 as associated to the initial Extension Kit (the one purchase on the 1st of July 2023), this 5 new IVL Photon will be covered until the 1st of July 2028.
- What happens in case of second hand?An IVL Photon previously registered as covered by an Extension Kit resold to a new owner will not be covered if the new owner does not purchase the Extension Kit.
You purchase an Extension Kit in 2023 and 10 IVL Photon.
In 2025 you resell 4 IVL Photons to a new customer.
Option 1: Without Extension Kit for the new Owner, those 4 IVL Photons won't be covered anymore.
Option 2: If you also resell your Extension Kit, the new owner will still have 3 years of coverage on those 4 IVL Photons, but your remaining 6 IVL Photons won't be covered anymore.
- Who should I contact to get more information?Minuit Une’s support team and Minuit Une’s distributors are always available for any of your inquiries! Feel free to use our contact Form at the bottom of this page.
- How does it combine with the 2 years warranty?The 2-year warranty product is a standard warranty that comes with the purchase of an IVL Photon lighting fixture, covering any manufacturing defects or issues that arise within the first two years of use.
On the other hand, the Extension Kit offers extended coverage for up to 5 years from the purchase date of the Kit. This coverage allows you to fix any IVL Photon from your registered inventory using spare modules from the Extension Kit, and Minuit Une will restock your Kit for free. The Extension Kit is designed to optimize your investment in IVL Photon lighting fixtures and ensure substantial cost savings.
The service manual: your guide!
Make sure to have read and understood the Service Manual.
Our support team is here to answer any questions!